Block (locally-produced, no fly-ash) – Block purchased through Carolina Brick and manufactured by Charlotte Block
Brick (recycled, and locally-produced)
- Jim Hunter of Cunningham Brick Company
- J Watson Masonry
Cabinet Door (“scrap” Ambrosia Maple (locally-produced) – Dave Anthes of Hardwood Creations purchased from Catawba Hardwoods.
Cabinets (Columbia Forest Products’ PureBond™, locally-produced, no added-urea formaldehyde) – Dave Anthes of Hardwood Creations purchased from Catawba Hardwoods.
Flooring (concrete floor)
- Loren Martin of Ready Mixed Concrete Company supplied the non-fly ash concrete for the house and garage, patios and garage parking pad
- Don Martinez of Don Martinez Construction finished the concrete floors in the house and garage, patios and garage parking pad
Garage Doors (added insulation) – Overhead Garage Doors
HVAC – Geoff Eloge and Rick Fletcher of Ross & Witmer
- Air-Air Heat Pump – Carrier Infinity™, very high-efficiency, Seer 19
- EVR – Fantech™
- Garage Exhaust Fans – Fantech™
Land surveyor – Steve Pope of Steve Pope & Associates
Landscaping (native, drought-tolerant plans) – Darrin Paschal of Farm House Gardeners
Light Fixtures (standard fixtures with Energy Star(TM) bulbs through-out) – Lisa Burleyson of Efirds Interiors
Paint (low VOC) – Sherwin Williams Durations™
Rain catchment system – Scott Barfield of BRAE
Roof (CertainTeed) – Phil Moore of ABC Supply Co, Inc.
Roof Sheathing (Grant Forest Products’ ThermoBlock Radiant Barrier Roof Sheathing™, locally-produced) – Phil Brown of Tarheel Lumber
Septic – Gunter Grading
Studs (finger-jointed Southern Yellow Pine Studs, locally-produced) – Phil Brown of Tarheel Lumber
Termite protection – Terminix
Trim (aluminum fascia/soffit, etc.) – Carolina Siding Services
Waste Management (no dumpster, extensive recycling, minimum waste) – Diane Lewis – Recycle Coordinator of Iredell County Solid Waste Department
Check back as we complete the list!